Monday 4 November 2013

Individual storyboard - Miss Miller

The purpose of a storyboard is to help manage the timing of production, gives a better understanding of each shot and storyline and also give a description of the scene during a shot.

In my storyboard I have done 12 different frames, they each portray different camera angles, iconography, sounds and lighting. The storyboard has helped me have a better understanding of what will happen during each shot, how long each frame will last and the different aspects of mise-en-scene which will be included in the shots. The storyboard also breaks down the scenes into smaller parts which is easier to film and see what aspects need working on and how this could be done such as: adding different sounds or lighting. I got inspirations for my storyboard from a film called 'The strangers' the use of masks enticed me and thats why I wanted to use a masked killer, and also my target audience in my questionnaire were intrigued by the idea of a masked killer. Also from 'The strangers' the use of shallow focus shots, zoom in shots and panning a lot which I have used my storyboard.







In these storyboards one of my frames include a zoom in shot, also it includes young child toys which misleads the audience as you wouldn't expect a child to be a killer. Furthermore this includes slow editing to make the audience feel in the characters point of view as the clip runs smoothly as if it were happening in real time.

1 comment:

  1. You have briefly explained why storyboards are used and what you have included in yours; however, you need to go into more detail and explain why you have chosen to use certain elements in the hope of creating certain emotions/reactions within the audience.

    To improve your post you need to:
    1) Give a summary of each page explaining what you have included overall and why (to create what)
    2) Focus on certain elements and explain what you hope to create by using them
    3) Discuss in more depth where you have taken some of your inspirations from in relation to other films you have analysed for previous posts and why
    4) Discuss any issues you have come across and how you might rectify them
    5) How will your individual storyboards be beneficial to your group one?
    6) The purpose of doing individual storyboards before a group one

    ReplyDelete